Friday, January 27, 2017

Approaching Writing Again

Hey all, I'm back for the time being. It's been a long time since I've been on here.

Guess what? I'm going to try this again. The past few years have been pretty difficult for me personally and I've gone through a lot of growth and change in my life. It's been tough to find time for just sitting down and relaxing, let alone putting my mind to writing. Just haven't felt very motivated.

I feel though that this funk needs to change. It's been too long since I've been creative and I need to start exercising that aspect of my mind again. I have opinions about fiction I need to share. Hell, there have been two whole new Star Wars movies since the last time I wrote and I haven't been able to truly rant about them.

I've been thinking about it for the past few years and have been wondering if I could have what it takes to write professionally. Right now I know I don't have all the skills or the discipline. I can't even keep my own blog up to date, let alone sit down and write out a coherent multi-part epic story.

One of my favorite things in the world is world building. How a world forms from a small idea and through thinking of the logical interactions of people and their circumstances turns into a fleshed out setting is one of the most satisfying things to me.

I need to practice more. I need to write more. If I want to make this a thing I get paid for I need to treat this like it's a career. Paraphrasing the words of one of my favorite authors goal number one of professional writers should be to get paid.

So, how do I get paid? I need to get good. How do I get good? Practice. How do I practice? Just write stupid shit and maybe try some writing prompts. I don't know. I just have to start somewhere. This seems like a good start. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment